Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pre- Postparting Depression

That was supposed to be a play on "postpartum depression." In case that wasn't clear.

Anyway, exactly two weeks until I board the plane. (Not exactly exactly. My flight isn't at 2 am, thank god.) And I still have all this stuff to do! It's real stressful. So I am coping by not sleeping ever! Yay! I'm doing a lot of quality late-night blogging.

A few minutes ago I went downstairs to turn off the lights in our car, and as I was leaving I caught the screen door so it didn't slam. And there was this weird wave of like, nostalgia or something that came over me. But I haven't left yet, so I don't think that's quite the word. But I just loved that I knew I had to catch the screen door. I loved it so. damn. much. I really like the feeling of knowing a place really well. I like being one of the few people able to coax the television into behaving, and knowing where everything is, and knowing all the little tricks for making coffee and getting ice and taking out the trash. I'm gonna miss that.

But then I'll find that in Paris and I'll be catching someone else's screen door, and that will probably feel awesome too.

Also, I just heard the screen door slam last night which is why I remembered it, so that's kind of ridiculous. I'm making it out to be some great knowledge I have garnered over the years. Nope. Just a thing from last night, when I was also going in and out of the house at 2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment