Monday, August 22, 2011

Jet Lag, baby! Wooooooo!

I'm so tired right now.

In other news, I arrived safely in Paris, and (after a ridiculously long and arduous journey through the Parisian public transportation maze) was efficiently shepherded into my temporary lodgings.

I admit, I cried a little bit on the plane. It was pathetic, but I kept thinking about how much I like my life right now and how in the movies when people go off on grand adventures to new places, it's always to fill a void of some sort, and I couldn't remember anything I liked about France. All I could think about was everything I like about home and how I wouldn't get to see it for months.

But then... Bam! After leaving Charles de Gaulle (which is a total clusterfuck and couldn't make anyone fall back in love with Paris), after carrying my gigantic suitcases down a million flights of stairs, I got on the RER. (The RER is Paris' less deep, more rural underground train.) And all of a sudden, everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. I had successfully pulled off a crazy amount of luggage carrying. I was strong! I was independent! I was on my favorite train! People were speaking French!

The contrast between verdant foliage and graffiti gets me every time.
The rest of the day has been similarly heartening. The girls seem nice. The guy who got us settled is funny. There are things to see and do and I had some grapefruit juice earlier. Oh, and did I mention? Our hotel is adorable:

Who's a cute wittle hwotel? You are! Yes you!

Anyway, I'm not allowed to sleep for another few hours and I can't Skype anyone for at least another half hour. Maybe I'll just "not sleep" until then. "Not sleeping" sounds really nice. I want to be "not well rested" for my Skyping.

No comments:

Post a Comment