Monday, November 14, 2011

Soundtrack To My Life

So I will post about festive things that I've been doing soon, but for now I just want to share a few songs that are a perfect fit for moments of my Parisian life. I hope it will provide a tiny little aural window of insight into my currents haps. Haps as in "What's the haps, bro?" In case that wasn't clear.

Sitting In The Dawn Light Of The Kitchen By Myself Eating Tiny French Toasts And Doing My Homework This Blog Post:


So tiny! So French! So toasty!




Adele, Someone Like You. (But not in a depressing way.) Also, bonus, the music video is in Paris!

Walking The Town In The Late-Morning Light, On My Way To School, Trying Not To Get Run Over By Cars And Watching Everyone Wheel Strollers And Carry Baguettes:


You can simulate people watching with this photograph of interesting people.


Freelance Whales, Starring. I usually listen to the first line 15 times before I let the whole song play. "Shut me up with your long tube socks, they don't scream, 'Hey let's just be friends.' " Damn good writing. I have no idea why this feels so right for Paris, but it does.

Puttering Around At Night In The Dim Glow Of These Really Dim Lamps, Making Cheese Sandwiches And Painting My Nails:

You can thank Monday for my grouchy Kraken face.
Sufjan Stevens, Christmas In The Room. What's that you say, it's bad form to start Christmas celebrations before Thanksgiving? Well GUESS WHAT BUSTER, THEY DON'T CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING HERE! I COULD CELEBRATE ALL YEAR LONG IF I WANTED! WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?? Anyway, major silver lining to the whole Thanksgiving thing. Tomorrow I might stop by the Monoprix and grab some paper for paper snowflakes. After that I might watch Love Actually. Maybe deck the halls. Hear those sleigh bells jingling, if I have a minute. Ring ting tingling too. Definitely going to go tell it on a mountain. And then I might just start dreaming of a white Christmas. And then I'm going to ride in a one-horse open sleigh. Hey! And you know what? YOU CAN'T STOP ME! It's Christmas year-round in France!

3 comments:

  1. So I am using the excuse that I will be in Europe for the last week of Nov and first week of Dec to Christmas it up around here. Not that I need much of an excuse when it starts to get chilly. I hope you are having a great time and you will be expected to come visit and make a detailed report of Paris happenings and eat goodies and drink Ibarra when you get home. And maybe I will try and keep my kids from climbing on you. We will see how I feel that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...Groovy tunes, too. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kids climbing on me! I'm starved for interaction with cute badly-behaved things.

    ReplyDelete